Here at LA Homes, we are home building experts. We’ve got decades of experience, and we know how to get your dream home from a plan to reality. With that in mind, we want to share with you what we feel YOU need to know before we start that journey together!
- Be Flexible – Schedules can change at the drop of a hat. Delays due to weather, materials, or unforeseen circumstances can all change your schedule, so consider it more of a guideline than something set in stone.
- Be Forward Thinking – The house you build now needs to function for many years. Consider your future plans. Do you plan on having children? Dogs? Will you need a spare room for an office or a study? Designing a forever home is an exercise in the Long Game.
- Be a Fixture – Couches and chairs and throw pillows are all great additions to any home, but those trends will change over time. Invest in fixtures. The right fixtures will allow you to switch out finishes and colours without having to break the bank!
- Be Neutral – Accent walls are fantastic, but when it’s an out of the ordinary colour, decorating can become a hassle. Stick with beiges, whites, and greys for your walls and let pictures, mirrors and other decorations do the talking!
- Hire a Professional – Everyone has that Uncle who says he knows how to build a house. Trust us: That is not the way to go. Do a quick search online for local contractors, reach to your friends and family who recently built, and check out Facebook, Google, Houzz, or Yelp reviews and see what people are saying! With the right contractor by your side, you’ll have a house you’ll love for a long time to come.